[sane-devel] hp4570c driver from modified hp5590 backend almost working

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:15:18 UTC 2008

On 4/29/08, Markham thomas <markham.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ilia,
>     Those changes are not the only ones required... It was still failing.  I
> have a patch file I will post here once I test the modes.   Let me test all
> the modes (I only tested full color preview and scan).  I also haven't
> tested the ADF connected to it.   I may not get to testing it until later
> today,  I have to dig out the ADF feeder.

As far as I saw on the HP site HP 4570c doesn't have the ADF unit, HP
5550c (similar model) has. Anyway, the whole product family -
4570/5550/5590/7650 seems to be different only in mechanics and
available accessories. I could even suppose that we could add HP
4500/5500 to the list. 4500/5550 have ADF, 4570/5550 - APF.

>      I do have a question for you:  I called the 4570 a:
>
> "Workgroup scanner"
>
> But im not sure if it should be that or a document scanner (per your entries
> in the hp5590 driver for other scanners).  Any idea which it would be?

This name I've got from HP site, so it's their positioning. You could
choose any name which is meaningful for the scanner. The names and
corresponding core is informational and could even be removed.

--
 Ilia Sotnikov