[sane-devel] SANE on Mac OS X

Dan Tappin dan.tappin at wavefront.ca
Sat Aug 9 21:55:47 UTC 2008

I recently purchased a used Fijitsu fi-4530C scanner and had planned
to use SANE as there are no native Mac drivers for this scanner.

Couple of issues I can't seem to figure out:

1.) Scan Size

I bought this scanner because it can scan tabloid (11" x 17") paper
but when I scan all I get is a letter (8.5" x 11") sized cropping of
the original.  I have played with all the TWAIN options and even
selected the "largest possible" scan size.

2.) Mac Frontend

I have tried ImageCapture, Graphic Converter and a few front ends out
there but none of them seem to work properly nor use the ADF feature.
Any other options I am missing here.

3.) Duplex Scanning

My scanner can scan duplex - is this supported via SANE?

Thanks,

Dan