[sane-devel] SANE does not recognize my Epson CX-3900 anymore

Kanito 73 kanito73 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 00:16:44 UTC 2008

> There is no relevant difference between the epson backends of 1.0.18
> and 1.0.19 if you have
>
>   usb 0x04b8 0x082f
>
> in your epson.conf.
> With 1.0.18 you need it, with 1.0.19 you don't because it has been
> added to the backend's internal list.
>
> What other SANE related bits did you upgrade/change?
>
> Hope this helps,

Hello

I'm sure that should be, but .19 does not recognized my scanner and .18 yes, it is strange

Just removed/reinstalled the backend, frontends and xsane, nothing else...

By now have a full backup of my whole system so can test again and restore if .19 does not work, but first will try what you say in your other message...

Thanks