[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MP210

nicols nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sun Feb 3 18:02:05 UTC 2008

Ok Allan, sounds great, the modifications for those new Pixma MPs (210, 520,
610) is worth maximum ~100 lines of code, so this will be pretty easy. BTW,
I already took a look at current libsane CVS pixma files, there seems to be
very few modifications from previous pixma 0.13.1 version.

FYI, I've already tried to contact twice Wittawat Y. in Nov-2007 for
integrating this update, but got no reply. I decided to wait a little bit
till February for users feedback, before contacting directly the Sane
development team for updating the libsane library.
So that's a good opportunity today!

Let's wait for the moment for next libsane release. After that, I'll propose
you a patch for the pixma files against this latest libsane version.

In the meantime, I'll propose this add-on for MP210 and MP520 in current
pixma driver update, on the MP610 blog.

Nicolas