[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F

Gerald Murray gmurray at cloudnet.com
Thu Jan 3 22:06:30 UTC 2008

Quoting Jürgen Ernst <jrernst at gmx.de>:
  Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F.
> Is anyone working on a backend to that scanner yet?

> If not I want to start programming a backend.

> Ciao
> Jürgen

There is no one working on adding this scanner as of yet, so welcome!

There is a lot of information on the sane site about starting.
The chips for the LiDE 600F are known, but are not known to be
compatible with sane-supported chips.  A good start would be to
complete a small scan with a usb sniffer to log the traffic on the usb bus for
that device, and make the scan log available for interested persons to view.
That may allow identification of the protocol.

Gerald