[sane-devel] Advice on buying the best scanner (highest optical res.), with complete support of SANE, and reliable

Wes Saved wes.saved at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:22:35 UTC 2008

Hi.  I have tried to do a search for scanners that are fully supported
and also have the highest optical resolution.  The search functions
are not yet implimented though.  So I would like some of your advice
on buying a scanner that will fully work with sane under the 1)
"completely supported" section of support that has

2) the highest optical resolution of all the scanners available or at
least 2400 x 2400 dpi optical, I would prefer 4800x4800 optical
however
3) something that is reliable that doesn't fail, made by a company
that makes good products
4) costs less than $1300 US Dollars
5) runs on USB that is found in regular new computers

Thank you for your help.  There are so many scanners available out
there, however I refuse to be forced to use a scanner that can only
run on Windows or Mac, so I am searching for one that would work
perfectly on Linux using the SANE package to get it up and running.
My budget is not that big.  However, I'd rather not buy a scanner at
all than be forced to use a scanner with 600 or 1200 dpi optical
resolution; I want something current.  I appreciate your time in
helping me find something that will fit my needs.

Kind regards,
Wes