[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 6200C timeout trouble

Thilo-Alexander Ginkel maillist at tgbyte.com
Sun Jan 6 16:22:46 UTC 2008

m. allan noah wrote:
>> and i just tried it on a 32 bit machine and it works just fine, unlike
>> the 64 bit machine above. so perhaps it is a 32/64 bit issue. can you
>> verify?

I am actually using a 64-bit machine, so the failure may be related to
that special platform...

> and now it seems to be working on 64 bit, even after a power cycle. i
> dont know what the problem is/was. let us know if you can see any
> pattern.

..., which however, seems more unlikely considering that it mysteriously
started working for you.

Out of curiosity: Which 64-bit distribution were you using for your
tests? I am using Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10.

BTW, I do see a pattern of different failure types for my setup, which I
will collect and mail as soon as I have some spare time.

Thanks,
Thilo