[sane-devel] French translation status

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Jan 14 18:08:24 UTC 2008

Hello all!

Below is the message I sent last saturday to the list.
The attachments were too big, so the message was held into custody
until Allan kindly answered that he'd apply the changes.

That leaves the problem of discussing the changes on the list, as I
would prefer people re-read my translations before they make their
way in CVS (which they haven't yet).

For those adventurous enough to re-read the french translation, you
can find the file there:
http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/sane/sane-backends.fr.po

Also, the patch to check-po.awk is re-attached for review (that one
is small enough that it should pass through the quota).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

On Saturday 12 January 2008 00:42:31 Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2008 20:23:14 Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > Anyway, I'll work on it starting tonight. My time table is as follows:
> >  - initial updated file submission: 20080113
>
> I was faster that I expected. Here's the resulting file as attachment (not
> giving a ptach, the file by itself is easier to read IMHO).
>
> I did a quick review of the existing translations, fixed the fuzzy ones, and
> added new translations for those that were missing.
>
> Still, I may have made some mistakes. Most notably, I'm not very knowledgeable
> in numeric processing, so words such as 'dithering' were not translated because
> there is no correct translation (except maybe by using a very long sentence).
> There are only a very few such words.
>
> The most notable exception to the translation is the word 'scanner' which out
> to be translated as 'numeriseur' (with an accent), but we silly froggies do
> call it 'scanner' nonetheless. :-]
>
> I will be waiting for comments until 20080120.
>
> Also attached, a patch to tools/check-po.awk to correctly find fuzzy
> translations.
>
> Have a good week-end!
>
> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |