[sane-devel] Problems sharing a Stylus CX4000 on a network

Jerzy Jalocha N jjalocha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:29:02 UTC 2008

I have an Epson Stylus CX3000 all-in-one  which works perfectly on the
local machine with the CX4000 scanner driver. But on a client host, it
does not get detected after correct setup. (Checked that several
times.)

I followed all the instructions in
http://penguin-breeder.org/sane/saned/ and it gets detected with
debugging enabled on the server side:

   $ SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128 saned -d128

I see that "Sometimes, saned starts only when debugging is enabled."
But since I'm quite a noob, I don't understand how to set-up my
saned-server "with debugging enabled".

There is a short shell script... should I save it as /usr/sbin/saned ?

I would be very thankful is someone could give me a little bit guidance.

Thanks!

-Jerzy