[sane-devel] RS232 Scanner

Daniel Glöckner daniel-gl at gmx.net
Wed Jul 30 19:02:13 UTC 2008

On 30 Jul 08 07:55, m. allan noah wrote:
> do you have windows drivers for the image scanning part? if so, i
> would use a usb-serial converter and benoit's usb sniffer to get a
> log, and see if you can extract the image data.

In the past I have sniffed some serial protocols using
Mark Russinovich's PortMon:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx

It doesn't work when they directly access the serial port, though.

About the scanner not responding to your replicated commands, could it
be that you need to change some of the other serial lines (DTR, RTS)?

  Daniel