[sane-devel] fujitsu scanner owners needed
m. allan noah
kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:48:35 UTC 2008
In the past few weeks, I have made several updates to the fujitsu sane
backend. I don't really have a good list of testers, so I am putting
out a call for all fujitsu backend users to please try the current
version from SANE CVS. We are working toward a SANE 1.1.0 release this
summer, and I really would like to get some testing before that.
Particular areas to watch out for:
1. JPEG output is now possible, but will only work with scanimage from
cvs, or some other sane 1.1 compliant frontend
2. The mechanism for determining the color interlace mode is now
automatic, so please see if color scans look weird, particularly if
the scanner has done a color scan in windows without being power
3. several options have been renamed to match the sane 1.1 standard,
particularly pagewidth and pageheight have had a '-' added
4. the scanner device is now named 'fujitsu:model:serial' instead of
the system provided name, if the scanner supports serial number
detection. please verify that the new name actually matches your
5. initialization code has changed somewhat, the backend should find
scanners if they are plugged in after the front-end starts (requires
custom daemon frontend to test, I dont know of any in the wild)
6. please test page-width and page-height support, it seems that some
cheaper scanners don't work.
1. IPC and endorser options are still not enabled, but I am getting closer :)
2. page-width and page-height don't seem to work for the fi-5110EOX,
needs software emulation
3. if the width of flat-bed is smaller than that of the adf, XSANE's
preview does not work.
"The truth is an offense, but not a sin"
More information about the sane-devel