[sane-devel] HAL scanner addon

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Mar 17 18:12:05 UTC 2008

Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> SANE or HAL. All the udi-sane name code must be in SANE and the addon
> must be in HAL.

How does this new piece of SANE code integrate into the SANE
architecture?

I'm sorry, I don't see where this code lies.

I hope you do know that every SANE backend is 100% interchangeable
with every other SANE backend, and that what is called "libsane.so" is
nothing else than the DLL backend.

As such, there's no central SANE library where to put this code. It
means it has to be duplicated into each backend, which sucks about as
much it can.

I'd like more details on what you're trying to do, how you plan to do
it, etc. Your mails look like they've been written in a hurry, and
quality suffers accordingly. I also have the feeling that you're
trying to force that down our throats, which is a little bit
unpleasant.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>