[sane-devel] Cross compilation question
janc at liquidauto.co.za
Tue May 6 07:07:40 UTC 2008
I have a project where we are using a Moxa W345 embedded system running
We want to connect a Plustek OpticSlim M12 scanner on the Moxa device.
I have done the following:
1. Connected the Plustek scanner on my development PC, running
2. Used "sane" (Scanner Access Now Easy) to read the scanner from
the development PC.
3. I installed the Moxa toolchain on a Slackware 10.2 machine.
4. I downloaded the Sane source code.
5. I am in the process of cross compiling "sane" for the Moxa unit.
6. I am not a Linux expert (hope to get there one day) and am
running into problems with this process.
7. I do the following in the project's directory.
./configure -host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu < At
least run through the configure process >
< stop during dependency checking with an error >
8. Make output when compiling "Sane"
making depend in include
making depend in lib
making depend in sanei
making depend in include - cd include,
no such file or directory, make halts here.
I read the autotools and make manuals, but I never realized how
complicated these processes can be and feel more confused after reading
What am I missing? Has anybody done something similar?
Thank you, any assistance will be appreciated.
Liquid Automation Systems, LAS Cool Sorption and LAS Garage Equipment disclaim all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused,
arising from the sending, receipt or use of this e-mail communication and on any reliance placed upon the information provided through this
service and does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information.
This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
facsimile or telephone and return and / or destroy the original message.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sane-devel