[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

Werner Holtfreter Holtfreter at gmx.de
Mon May 19 16:00:16 UTC 2008

Suse10.3 sane-backends1.0.19-0-pm.2 genesys Tevion-scanner MD6228

Hello,

it works, but not perfectly:

1. The starting point at the top of page is not constant. It varies
   between 0...8 mm. This results in the scanner head to crashing
   into the bottom of the scanner.

2. If I scan on *medium* resolution, then the scanner head moves in
   regular fashion.

   If I scan on *high* resolution, then the scanner head starts to
   move forwards normally, then slightly backwards and then forwards
   normally again and so on. The result is OK. Is the USB or the PC
   too slow?

   If I scan on *low* resolution and black/white for low data rate,
   then the scanner head starts to shake and does not move properly!

All things are independent from the front-end and I have done tests
with Kooka, Xsane and Xscanimage.

Any ideas?
--
Viele Grüße