[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon May 19 19:04:22 UTC 2008

Le Monday 19 May 2008 18:00:16 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Suse10.3 sane-backends1.0.19-0-pm.2 genesys Tevion-scanner MD6228
>
> Hello,
>
> it works, but not perfectly:
>
> 1. The starting point at the top of page is not constant. It varies
>    between 0...8 mm. This results in the scanner head to crashing
>    into the bottom of the scanner.
>
> 2. If I scan on *medium* resolution, then the scanner head moves in
>    regular fashion.
>
>    If I scan on *high* resolution, then the scanner head starts to
>    move forwards normally, then slightly backwards and then forwards
>    normally again and so on. The result is OK. Is the USB or the PC
>    too slow?
>
>    If I scan on *low* resolution and black/white for low data rate,
>    then the scanner head starts to shake and does not move properly!
>
> All things are independent from the front-end and I have done tests
> with Kooka, Xsane and Xscanimage.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Hello,

	could you try to run scanimage with debug logs enabled with the following
commands in a shell:
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
scanimage -d genesys >scan.pnm 2>scan.log

	Then send me the scan.log and also the few other pnm debug files that will be
created in the directory where you'll run scanimage. With these I will be
able to have an idea of what is going on.

	BTW, is your model really a MD6228 ? MD5345, MD6228 and MD6471 have the same
UBS id, but may be they are slightly different. The model I have is a MD6471.

Regards,
	Stef