[sane-devel] Question on scanimage -f

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Tue May 27 19:18:20 UTC 2008

Dear listmembers,
I did not see the previous posting from M. Allan Noah, but in general I
totally agree with Johannes Meixner: if one introduces such an option (what I
would consider positive) the backward compatibility should not be broken.
The only thing I am worried in this regard is whether it would be better to
add something like a %n (what would be consistent in "scanimage grammar" or
whether a "\n" should be preffered (this one goes to the C-programmers
fraction ...).
However, I could live with any decision, if people share my point that it
would simplify parsing individual scanners from the "scanimage -f" output.
Thank you very much for looking into this,
thank you for a great program,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \
                 /\_/\           |

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)

*****
******