[sane-devel] Question on scanimage -f

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue May 27 08:17:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

On May 25 07:48 m. allan noah wrote (shortened):
> it would seem that a better long-term choice would be to correct
> scanimage to output a \n after each scanner?

And how can I then get the output in one single line?
(without using "tr -d '\n'" ;-)

It would break backward compatibility.

Therefore I suggest to provide an additional placeholder
which evaluates to a newline character, e.g. %n or \n
so that e.g. the command "scanimage -f '%d%n'" results the devices
each on a line with a trailing newline character at the very end.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex