[sane-devel] multifuncional HP Deskjet F2180

Janeks Kamerovskis sags at apollo.lv
Fri Oct 3 20:14:11 UTC 2008

I already installed hplip by
apt-get install hplip

Well then I tried also installation package from hplipopensource.com.
Choose custom and accepted all defaults except GUI.
Installer told problems:

Copyright (c) 2001-8 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

Installer log saved in: hplip-install_Fri-03-Oct-2008_22:41:18.log

note: Defaults for each question are maked with a '*'. Press <enter> to
accept the default.

INSTALLATION MODE
-----------------
Automatic mode will install the full HPLIP solution with the most common
options.
Custom mode allows you to chose installation options to fit specific
requirements.

Please choose the installation mode (a=automatic*, c=custom, q=quit) : c

Initializing. Please wait...

INSTALL TYPE
------------
For most users, it is recommended to install HPLIP with full support
(scanning, faxing, toolbox, etc).
For servers or minimal installations, you can also install print support
only (HPIJS only).

Install full hplip support (recommended) or print-only support (f=full hplip
support*, p=printing only support, q=quit) ?

INTRODUCTION
------------
This installer will install HPLIP version 2.8.9 on your computer.
Please close any running package management systems now (YaST, Adept,
Synaptic, Up2date, etc).

DISTRO/OS CONFIRMATION
----------------------
Distro appears to be Debian 4.0.

Is "Debian 4.0" your correct distro/OS and version (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?

SELECT HPLIP OPTIONS
--------------------
You can select which HPLIP options to enable. Some options require extra
dependencies.

Do you wish to enable 'Network/JetDirect I/O' (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
Do you wish to enable 'Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)' (y=yes*, n=no,
q=quit) ? n
Do you wish to enable 'PC Send Fax support' (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
Do you wish to enable 'Scanning support' (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
Do you wish to enable 'Parallel I/O (LPT)' (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
Do you wish to enable 'HPLIP documentation (HTML)' (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?

ENTER ROOT/SUPERUSER PASSWORD
-----------------------------
Please enter the root/superuser password:
Password accepted

INSTALLATION NOTES
------------------
Be sure to disable the CD-ROM repositories and also ensure that the
main/security repositories are enabled.

Please read the installation notes. Press <enter> to continue or 'q' to
quit:

RUNNING PRE-INSTALL COMMANDS
----------------------------

INSTALL MISSING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES
-------------------------------------
warning: There are 6 missing OPTIONAL dependencies.
note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency for option 'fax': python-ctypes
(python-ctypes - A foreign function library for Python)
warning: This installer cannot install 'python-ctypes' for your distro/OS
and/or version.
warning: Option 'fax' has been turned off.
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency for option 'fax': python-dbus
(python-dbus - Python bindings for dbus)
warning: This installer cannot install 'python-dbus' for your distro/OS
and/or version.
warning: Option 'fax' has been turned off.
warning: Missing OPTIONAL dependency for option 'fax': reportlab
(Reportlab - PDF library for Python)

Would you like to have this installer install the missing dependency
(y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency for option 'fax': dbus (dbus - Message
bus system)
warning: This installer cannot install 'dbus' for your distro/OS and/or
version.
warning: Option 'fax' has been turned off.
warning: Missing OPTIONAL dependency for option 'scan': xsane (xsane -
Graphical scanner frontend for SANE)

Would you like to have this installer install the missing dependency
(y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency for option 'parallel': ppdev (ppdev -
Parallel port support kernel module.)

Would you like to have this installer install the missing dependency
(y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ?
warning: Missing OPTIONAL dependency for option 'base': cups-ddk (cups-ddk -
CUPS driver development kit)
warning: This installer cannot install 'cups-ddk' for your distro/OS and/or
version.

CHECKING FOR NETWORK CONNECTION
-------------------------------
Network connection present.

RUNNING PRE-PACKAGE COMMANDS
----------------------------
su -c "dpkg --configure -a" (Pre-depend step 1)
su -c "apt-get install -f" (Pre-depend step 2)
su -c "apt-get update" (Pre-depend step 3)
warning: An error occurred running 'gnome-terminal -x su -c "apt-get
install --yes cupsys-bsd"'
gnome-terminal -x su -c "apt-get install --yes cupsys-bsd" (Pre-depend step
4)

DEPENDENCY AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
----------------------------------
Running 'su -c "apt-get install --force-yes -y python-reportlab"'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
Running 'su -c "apt-get install --force-yes -y xsane"'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
Running 'su -c "modprobe ppdev"'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
error: Install command failed with error code 1

So I stopped at the same place:
"scanimage -L" found nothing while "sane-find-scanner" found ...
:-(

What else could be done?

brgds
Janeks