[sane-devel] Patch to make XSane work with SANE 1.1

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Oct 8 08:00:31 UTC 2008

stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> 	I agree with you. This is the way that xscanimage was modified to handle
> warming up. Hints to get it even better are welcomed. You can test this
> functionality with the 'pnm:warmup' test backend.

Whatever, this change will have to be backed out from SANE 1.1.

It's a backward-incompatible API change in sane_start()'s
semantic. You've introduced a non-fatal error where previously all
errors were fatal ones.

That means SANE 1.0 frontends won't work with SANE 1.1 out of the box,
and that was kind of a goal of SANE 1.1.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169