[sane-devel] Patch to make XSane work with SANE 1.1

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 04:49:51 UTC 2008

Le Wednesday 08 October 2008 10:00:31, vous avez écrit :
> stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> Whatever, this change will have to be backed out from SANE 1.1.
>
> It's a backward-incompatible API change in sane_start()'s
> semantic. You've introduced a non-fatal error where previously all
> errors were fatal ones.
>
> That means SANE 1.0 frontends won't work with SANE 1.1 out of the box,
> and that was kind of a goal of SANE 1.1.
>
> JB.

        Hello,

        unfortunately, we don't have the same idea of what SANE 1.1 goals
should be. It has only  been stated that SANE 1.1 will have to be compatible
for backends not frontends. This is because we don't have the ability to test
all the scanners that would have been impacted by bigger changes than those
that went into SANE 1.1.

Regards,
        Stef