[sane-devel] Patch to make XSane work with SANE 1.1

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Oct 9 09:07:30 UTC 2008

stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

>         unfortunately, we don't have the same idea of what SANE 1.1 goals
> should be. It has only  been stated that SANE 1.1 will have to be compatible
> for backends not frontends. This is because we don't have the ability to test
> all the scanners that would have been impacted by bigger changes than those
> that went into SANE 1.1.

In that case, you have to increment libsane's soversion.

As far as I remember, we did not want to do that.

So please increment V_MAJOR in configure.in to 2. You're breaking
everyone's system without that, and you're going to seriously piss off
distributors too (me first).

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>