[sane-devel] About the hardware lsit

A B gentosaker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 21:59:45 UTC 2008

Hello.
I wanted to get me a scanner but I must say that finding a scanner
with Linux support is not easy. The problem as I see it is most of all
computershops not making it searchable to find "linux supported"
hardware (and that is also something that one might discuss how that
is defined), but also if you try to do it the other way around: find a
scanner from the sane hardware listings. that is unfortunatly not
easy. IMHO I'd like each scanner be dated in some way, when it is
available on the market, perhaps? Perhaps also price (if that is
available)? I do not know. But I do know that filtering out old stuff
would help alot.
This is perhaps just very web-2.0-ish, but I'd think it would be a good thing.