[sane-devel] epson scanner with lenny

Johannes Wiedersich jowied at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 27 09:20:43 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I have some problems using the transparency unit of my "Epson perfection
4180 photo" on Debian Lenny, sane 1.0.14-7.

I followed the instructions in /usr/share/doc/libsane-extras/README.Debian
in order to obtain and install the required non-free blobs.

It works perfectly for paper scans, but when I try to scan colour
slides (selecting 'Transparency unit' within xsane), the application
segfaults shortly after the preview scan begins. The same applies to
xscanimage.

Should I try to install epkowa's rpms via 'alien' instead?

I'd love to keep my system as free and Debian as possible, though.

Thanks,

Johannes