[sane-devel] epson scanner with lenny

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Mon Oct 27 13:15:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:20:43AM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> I have some problems using the transparency unit of my "Epson perfection
> 4180 photo" on Debian Lenny, sane 1.0.14-7.
>
> I followed the instructions in /usr/share/doc/libsane-extras/README.Debian
> in order to obtain and install the required non-free blobs.
>
> It works perfectly for paper scans, but when I try to scan colour
> slides (selecting 'Transparency unit' within xsane), the application
> segfaults shortly after the preview scan begins. The same applies to
> xscanimage.
>
> Should I try to install epkowa's rpms via 'alien' instead?

I have an Epson Perfection 3170 and I have to use alienated epkowa
rpm's ot use it.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a
      branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast
      them into the fire, and they are burned."
                                             John 15:6