[sane-devel] "epkowa" driver installation on Ubuntu 8.10

DamienC damien.courousse at free.fr
Mon Apr 6 16:46:53 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Googling on the Internet, because of the "W: Ignoring Provides line with
DepCompareOp for package iscan-interpreter" issue, I found this.

I experienced this on a freshly installed i386 Debian Lenny.
I got the packages iscan-plugin-gt-x750_2.1.0-4_i386.deb and
iscan_2.19.0-4_i386.deb from
http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL2.do

I have installed them with dpkg (did not use the Ubuntu workaround).
Installation and setup went fine except for the same error as Olav, as
reported below.

I have tried to cleanup the apt database without success.

Please could you tell me how to solve this? I can also provide more info if
needed.

Cheers,
Damien