[sane-devel] "epkowa" driver installation on Ubuntu 8.10

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Wed Apr 8 01:55:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Googling on the Internet, because of the "W: Ignoring Provides line with
> DepCompareOp for package iscan-interpreter" issue, I found this.

It seems that our plugin packages violate Debian policy.

Specifically, we used versions in the Provides line:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-virtual

If you want to get rid of the warnings, first make sure you are not
installing any updates or performing any other package management
operations.

Now, as root, open the file /var/lib/dpkg/status and look for a line
that looks like this: "Provides: iscan-interpreter (= 2.1)" and delete it.

This should fix the warnings for now. We hope to fix this packaging
problem for the next release.

Thanks to all those who reported this problem.

Alesh

--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp