[sane-devel] ADF in scanimage for Epson GT-1500 on RHEL5

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Apr 16 23:41:08 UTC 2009

adnanwk <adnanwk at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi

Hi,

> Can we use ADF for Epson GT1500 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 using
> scanimage?
> "scanimage --help -d epkowa"  says that ADF option is not available.
> However, iscan can use ADF without any problem.

The -d option takes a device name, not a backend name.  Use `scanimage
-L | grep epkowa` to generate a list of available devices supported by
the epkowa backend and then try with that.

> scanimage can scan using flatbed without any problem.

Then the ADF should work.

If you only have a single GT-1500 connected, you can select the ADF with
the following:

  scanimage --source="Automatic Document Feeder"

The quotes are required.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962