[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2450 and Transparency Unit

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Wed Apr 22 03:27:57 UTC 2009

I am trying to use the Transparency Unit on my Epson Perfection 2450. I
am using sane 1.0.19 on Ubuntu Jaunty, with the epson2 backend.

Scanning regular pictures seems to work OK, but as soon as I try to use
the transparency unit, I get a "scanimage: sane_start: Error during
device I/O". I have tried xsane and using scanimage on the command line.

Here is the command-line I used:

scanimage --focus-position 'Focus 2.5mm above glass' --source
'Transparency Unit' --film-type 'Negative Film' --brightness 0 -x 26mm
-y 38mm -l 7mm -t 40.5mm --resolution 300 --mode Color --depth 16
--format tiff > test.tiff

Any ideas?

thanks,

Marc.