[sane-devel] searching for business card scanner compatible with sane

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:56:53 UTC 2009

2009/12/20 Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl>:
> Jelle de Jong wrote, on 21-12-09 00:39:

<snip>

>> # question02:
>> Is it normal to have command options with spaces like "ADF Duplex"
>> "ADF Back" "ADF Front"

I'll admit it is a bit odd, but a few other backends do this as well,
so I followed the trend of 'readable' options.

>> # question03:
>> Can it be that "ADF Back" and "ADF Front" are reversed :) I have to
>> use "ADF Back" when the text is on the Front side of the scanner

All fujitsu scanners internally consider the 'front' of the paper to
be the side which touches the paper tray. Is this not the case for the
s1500?

>> # bug02:
>> It seems "ADF Back" and "ADF Front" are outputing something that is
>> not on the original paper, only "ADF Duplex" seem to work here...

I would need a sample image. Are you sure you are running libsane 1.0.20?

>> # bug03:
>> It seems around 15mm of text is missing from the bottom of all pages
>> when trying to scan simple A4 pages. Page geometry: 5096x6600+0+0

please use the page width and page height options to set the actual
size of the paper. if you are using a command line program, you should
set those options before you set the x/y image size.

allan