[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Chris Berry s0457957 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 24 05:07:23 UTC 2009

Just a quick update, I had to take a little time off from the project
but I should be able to work on it more now. I have an update at
http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/update with new log files
for smaller scan and preview snoops.

Stef is there any chance you could explain the layout of your script to
me a little, for instance

URB  7278  control  0xc0 0x0c 0x8e 0x20 len     1 read  0x01

I take it this means:

URB <URB Num> <URB Type> <4 hex values> len <Length> <r/w> <data>

What are the 4 hex values for? Also anything else helpful will be
appreciated. I'm not certain how I can better find the values I need for
genesys_devices.c, I look for the hex values of the registers that need
to be set and cant find them in the new reduced log files. Maybe some of
these values are only set at power up and not before a scan or preview?

Chris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.