[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Dec 29 07:46:07 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 24 décembre 2009 06:07:23 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Just a quick update, I had to take a little time off from the project
> but I should be able to work on it more now. I have an update at
> http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/update with new log files
> for smaller scan and preview snoops.
>
> Stef is there any chance you could explain the layout of your script to
> me a little, for instance
>
> URB  7278  control  0xc0 0x0c 0x8e 0x20 len     1 read  0x01
>
> I take it this means:
>
> URB <URB Num> <URB Type> <4 hex values> len <Length> <r/w> <data>
>
> What are the 4 hex values for? Also anything else helpful will be
> appreciated. I'm not certain how I can better find the values I need for
> genesys_devices.c, I look for the hex values of the registers that need
> to be set and cant find them in the new reduced log files. Maybe some of
> these values are only set at power up and not before a scan or preview?
>
> Chris

	Hello,

	these numbers are to be converted in sanei_usb_control_msg() function calls.
You can have a look at the defines in genesys_low.h around line 113 for the
known values. The 0x8e value isn't defined and currently used in the genesys
backend. However, after looking at the logs you posted, I think it is some
data reading. The trouble is that currently there is no such access to data
for the supported models. While I think it could be turned to something like
sanei_genesys_bulk_read(), you'll need to experiment. As far I understand,
these are vendor specific accesses. I couldn't find these values in any USB
documents.

	You are right that some register values don't change much and are set up
early, and not at every scan.

Regards,
	Stef