[sane-devel] problems on OS/2

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Fri Feb 6 04:56:06 UTC 2009

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> From the libtool --help --mode=link output:
>
>   -no-undefined     declare that a library does not refer to external symbols
>
> I fail to see how that has anything to do with the library version.

To tell you the truth, I don't understand -no-undefined... but from
libtool there is a comment that makes me suspect -no-undefined means
static.  If thats true then there is additional code in the general area
of $current crash that spits out warnings that -rpath and
-version-number are ignored for static.  That would make OS/2 not crash
then.

Its pretty much a wild guess... If it doesn't solve the issue I'll
continue to dig deeper.

            if test "$allow_undefined" = no; then
              $echo
              $echo "*** Since this library must not contain undefined
symbols,"
              $echo "*** because either the platform does not support
them or"
              $echo "*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,"
              $echo "*** libtool will only create a static version of it."
              if test "$build_old_libs" = no; then
                oldlibs="$output_objdir/$libname.$libext"
                build_libtool_libs=module
                build_old_libs=yes
              else
                build_libtool_libs=no