[sane-devel] Document scanner, hardware recommendations.

Johannes Groedem johs at netfonds.no
Tue Feb 17 17:05:36 UTC 2009

* "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
> I am very, very happy with the Fujitsu fi-6130. Fast, quiet, small,
> reversed roller system prevents jams, very well supported in SANE CVS
> version. Not cheap, but less than your HP :) If your needs are a
> little less, you might be able to find the previous model (fi-5120C)
> around on clearance or refurbished. It's not as good as the 6130, but
> still a nice machine. Others like the Avision AV220 (which is also
> available under other brand names: Kodak, Visioneer, etc), but I've
> only used one of those briefly. You might try searching the mailing
> list...

Thank you for your swift answer.  I forgot to mention that I need a
combined document feeder/flatbed-scanner, though, so that particular
model won't work, regrettably.  Can I ask how many seconds it takes,
approximately, to scan a color page?  (Manufacturers have an annoying
tendency to only specify some kind of theoretical max PPM instead of
expected average PPM at some reasonable setting.)

--
Johannes Grødem