[sane-devel] Scanner Brother DCP-330C device

Joyce Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Thu Feb 26 09:05:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

I use Archlinux distribution and I just added my scanner to the udev rules.

Actually it is the 53-sane-rules, and I added theses lines:

# Brother DCP-330C
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04f9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="01a9", MODE="0666",
GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

just after the "# Brother DCP-310CN" 2 lines.

Additionnally, for the scanner to be used as normal user, the permissions
for Brother scanners should all be in mode 0666, as shown at Brother's
documentation:
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/instruction_scn1c.html

"Scanner Setting for normal user"

As the Opensuse 11 was the more similar configuration file in comparision
of mine, I took that one example, to get my scanner to scan as normal
user : it works. :)

Thanks for adding my model to future versions of sane configuration files.

My best greetings,
Joyce MARKOLL