[sane-devel] genesys backend update

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Feb 27 12:48:15 UTC 2009

	Hello,

	I have committed a rewrite of the gl646 part of the genesys backend. It
brings a better calibration process. Untested support for the HP3670 thanks
for extensive usb sniffing done by  Martijn ter Schegget. There is also
limited support for HP2400 (50, 300 and 600 dpi color, uncalibrated scans).

	Known problems:
	- 1200/2400 dpi scans won't work for MD6471/MD5345
	-  color problems for HP2300 1200 dpi color scans
	- slow calibration
	- shading calibration needs tuning (but the previous version needed it too)

	You can try this new version by checking out SANE's CVS, compile it and run
it without installing it with a little script like this one (which is to be
run in the backend subdirectory):

#!/bin/bash
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export LD_PRELOAD=.libs/libsane-genesys.so
export RESOLUTION=300
export MODE=Color
../frontend/.libs/scanimage --mode -$MODE -resolution $RES \
--resolution $RESOLUTION -d genesys \
2>genesys-scan-$MODE-$RESOLUTION.log \
1>genesys-scan-$MODE-$RESOLUTION.pnm

	In case of bug, please send me the log file and the various *.pnm debug files
that will be created in the backend subdirectory.

Regards,
	Stef