[sane-devel] patch for sane-desc.c / new version

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Fri Jan 9 08:38:29 UTC 2009

Hi Olaf,
dear listmembers,
what regards your suggestion with the syntax: fine with me. So to say (for my
6300C)

vendorID=HP
productID=C7670A

so we wouldn't have even one new name but would have a different meaning
between SCSI and USB devices.

so, maybe even drop the ":scsi" identifier but write that behind
the :interface specification?

:interface "SCSI" "HP" "C7670A" "processor"

We'd have no different entry in this case - but what I do not know if there is
anything around depending on the fact that there is nothing behind the
string "SCSI".

Your suggestion would be: 1 new keyword ":scsi" and write

:scsi "HP" "C7670A" "processor"

if I caught up with you. That'll be fine. Even more: it should be simple to
use the very same scan mechanism as is used for USB devices, the only
exchange is ":usbid" vs. ":scsi" in the search. I'm going to look into that.

Take care

Dieter

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)