[sane-devel] patch for sane-desc.c / new version

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Fri Jan 9 09:27:57 UTC 2009

Dieter Jurzitza <dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de> wrote:

Hi,

> Your suggestion would be: 1 new keyword ":scsi" and write
>
> :scsi "HP" "C7670A" "processor"
>
> if I caught up with you. That'll be fine. Even more: it should be simple to
> use the very same scan mechanism as is used for USB devices, the only
> exchange is ":usbid" vs. ":scsi" in the search. I'm going to look into that.

Way to go :) As you've seen in sane-desc, it's not a big deal to add
that new keyword to the code, and from there on it's just a matter of
adding the data in the .desc files.

Keep the patches coming; udev rules for the SCSI scanners have been on
my TODO list for some time but I never got around to actually doing
something.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>