[sane-devel] Avision AV122 and reading the buttons gives I/O-Error

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Mon Jan 19 07:50:26 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 18 Januar 2009 schrieb Zudio Solutions:
> Hi Wilhelm,
> I writing to you in response to your effort to get the AV122 to
> work with sanebuttond (post:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-November/0
>23144.html )
>
> did you manage to get this working?

Yes. It is the "message"-option, which gets the values

<function-value>:<button,

where <function>=1-9 and <button>=simplex|duplex.

> I'm getting 'no buttons find' message and cannot see any buttons
> options in sane_get_option_descriptor ....
>
> any ideas?

Polling the buttons conflicts with saned, the network-scanning daemon
of sane. So if you are interested in using both, that is using the
buttons and being able to do network scanning you might be interested
in the following project (alpha-state, but works for me):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scanbd

--
Wilhelm