[sane-devel] Avision AV122 and reading the buttons gives I/O-Error

Zudio Solutions zudiosol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:08:53 UTC 2009

Hi Wilhelm,

I managed to get sanebuttonsd to sort-of work by looking at the
message options like suggested; however some things are still not
clear:

1. In one case the type of the option (not necessarily the message
option) was String, but the code that prints it caused a crash.

2. It's not completely clear what I should be looking for. What I can
see until now is:

    a.  When I get an option with a name of "message", type bool and
non-zero value (i.e true) - the simplex button was pressed

    b. When I get an option with a name of "message" and type button -
the duplex button was pressed
    This doesn't look to me like the proper way to do it, so I'm
probably still missing something. It does seem to work most of the
time..

3. Another problem - when I know that a button was pressed and want to
scan the document - I get an error. Closing the device
    (that was used by sanebuttonsd) before trying to scan solves this.
Is this how it is supposed to be done?

Most appreciated.
Gil