[sane-devel] build sane-backends on Mac OS X -- 10.5.*

dio.rahman at gmail.com dio.rahman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 02:17:29 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dio.rahman at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:10:09 +0700
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] build sane-backends on Mac OS X -- 10.5.*
To: Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com>
Cc: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

On 1/26/09, Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com> wrote:
Hi Chris!

I will keep this in the list.

> Did this fail during configure phase or make phase?  Can you send error
> messages?

I think I have no problem in configure phase, instead:

*** disabling DC210 backend (failed to find JPEG library)
*** disabling DC240 backend (failed to find JPEG library)
*** disabling CANON_PP backend (failed to find libieee1284 library)
*** disabling HPSJ5S backend (failed to find libieee1284 library)
*** disabling MUSTEK_PP backend (failed to find libieee1284 library
***                              and parport-directio is disabled)
*** disabling DELL1600N_NET backend (failed to find jpeg and/or tiff library)
*** disabling GPHOTO2 backend (not requested, or failed to find
required libraries)
*** disabling PINT backend (sys/scanio.h not found)
*** disabling qcam backend (ioperm or portaccess not found)
*** disabling v4l (Video for Linux) backend
*** disabling pnm backend (not selected manually)

Those lines because I don't have the appropriate libs right?

And the configure phase came to:

-> The following backends will be built:
abaton
agfafocus
apple
artec
artec_eplus48u

and so on.

* Please be sure to read file PROBLEMS in this directory       *
* BEFORE running any of the SANE applications.  Some devices   *
* may be damaged by improper operation, so please do heed this *
* advice.                                                      *

And then I go to the make phase.

gave me following error message

configure.in:136: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
make: *** [configure] Error 1

> If its large output or if its failure is in configure then can you send the
> output directly to me and the config.log that configure generates?

I also attached the config.log

> I'm working on some large updates to Makefiles on sane so pretty familar
> with what could go wrong... Maybe I even caused your failure during recent
> submission. :-)

:-)

> Its on my TODO list to compile on a Mac OSX to see its status but I'm
> probably a week off before I can do that right now.

Enjoy your holiday!

Many thanks Chris!

Best,

Dio