[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 64

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Jan 28 19:33:18 UTC 2009

"Richard C. Johnson" <rcjohnson at openvotingsolutions.com> wrote:

Hi,

> What is the status of available GPL source code for the avision-type
> systems? We expect to base our voting system on this code and it
> simply has to (1) be available under GPL and (2) work. Is the Avision.c
> code with copyright essential to a SANE avision solution?

The avision backend shipped by the SANE project is covered by the GPL
+ SANE exception, just like everything else.

There are no copyright issues to date affecting the avision backend.

Ed Hamrick was pointing out the fact that Rene Rebe is not the sole
copyright holder for the avision code, meaning that he can't use the
code at his discretion without complying with the GPL.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169