[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB 1200 PRO

Dmitry V. Rutsky rutsky at pdmi.ras.ru
Thu Jan 29 00:45:13 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 07:53:39 am Jay Anderson wrote:
> I'm trying to get this scanner to work. I'm on Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> > lsusb
>
> Bus 003 Device 005: ID 055f:040b Mustek Systems, Inc.
>
> > sane-find-scanner -q
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f [Hewlett-Packard.        ], product=0x040b
> [USB2.0 Scanner            ], chip=SQ113) at libusb:003:005
>
> In my searching I found
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/mustek_usb2-backend/.
>
> I found another thread
> (http://www.nabble.com/Mustek-ScanExpress-A3-600-USB-Pro-td14698028.html)
> which suggested trying the latest backend snapshot
> (http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/) and changing the ProductID and
> VendorID to match what this scanner has. I've done that rebuilt and
> installed (make && make install).
>
> After this xsane comes up and can communicate with the scanner. When I
> preview the image it comes back with garbage -- multi-colored vertical
> stripes (when I scanned an image it also came back with garbage). So it is
> similar enough to control the scanner it seems.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck with this scanner?
>
> I'm willing (though I'm not sure how able I am) to spend some time digging
> around in the code to figure it out a bit more. I don't really know where
> to start so any pointers here would be useful. Thanks.

Is there any progress on this?  I've got the same device and the same result
with this scanner (on Debian unstable).  I haven't got any experience with
scanner drivers, but I'd like to try to tinker with it.  It is said in
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/mustek-scanners.html#UNSUPPORTED that
sources for Windows drivers for some of these scanners are available ---
could anybody supply me with that?  Any pointers would be useful as well.
Thanks.

--
	-- Dmitry Rutsky