[sane-devel] Newb for Canon 4400F

JayV warmer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:05:53 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I just joined this group after finding out that Canon (still) does not
have a linux driver for my 4400F flatbed scanner.  It works
fine under Windows XP in vmware but I want to write a
driver for linux.

A couple years ago my day job was to write a bunch of USB
drivers for some proprietary hardware in gaming machines,
so I know about the linux kernel 2.6 and USB 2.0 drivers.
However, I  don't know where to start with this scanner.

I'd really appreciate if someone could get me started with
how to poke this machine to see what makes it go.  Any
suggestions for how to experiment are most welcome.

I look forward to working with you all.

Thanks,