[sane-devel] Newb for Canon 4400F

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:30:30 UTC 2009

Appears to be a Genesys logic GL841 chipset, based on prior user
reports. This is good because it means the existing sane genesys
backend can probably be modified to talk to the scanner. This is bad
because the genesys chips can be wired alot of different ways by the
manufacturer.

If you get some usb sniffer logs of the windows driver in action, and
google for the gl841's datasheet, and take a look at the gl841 parts
of the genesys backend, you can decide if you want to go thru with it
:) Also, the backend authors have some tools that they use to clean
sniffer logs, see: http://www.pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/

Oh- and welcome to the team.

allan