[sane-devel] API addition request

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sat Jun 20 13:49:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:38:24 -0400
"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We could do that, but then any front-end that uses sane would have to check
> the backend version number and the params version number. I would be more
> inclined to convert 'last_frame' to 'flags', then you can probably get by
> without changing existing backends (other than a word substitution).

 If we have decided to break for sane 2, it might be worthwhile
 to do that in such a way to avoid troubles in the future.

 If you add to this structure you don't have to change
 existing backends (as long as they zero the struct...) .

 In addition, it could be nice to have info about the media being scanned,
 where can we place it?

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,