[sane-devel] HP ScanJet G3110 not recognized

Dennis sane at mgssub.com
Wed Mar 4 01:16:10 UTC 2009

Greetings;

I searched the Supported Scanners database and this scanner
was supposed to be supported by the hp3900 back end so I
bought one.

When I run find-sane-scanner I get

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x4305) at libusb:001:003

but scanimage nor any of the frontends can find it. I tried
putting the info in hp3900.conf but that didn't help at all.

I am running Debian/Lenny. I am not completely upgraded but
I have instaled/reinstalled everything I found that looked
as if it might be related to this problem.

Any suggestions on what else to try?

Many TIA!
Dennis