[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New release of Image Scan! for Linux (2.18.0)

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Mon Mar 16 23:53:41 UTC 2009

Hi Wolfram,

I work with Olaf on iscan.

> Iscan is working fine for GT-2500 on several machines Opensuse 11.0 and
> 11.1, 32 as well as 64 bit systems.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.

> But one question - with scanning via network the ADF function isn't
> available (it's greyed out in the drop down menu) - is there any way to
> activate it?
Hmm. I'm not sure why this could be the case. The GT-20000 that I used
for development and testing had no problems scanning ADF via the network
plugin.

When you say "via network" you do mean the network plugin and not saned,
right?

Can you take a log via USB and the network and send them to me for
comparison? You can do this from the command line like so:
SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX iscan 2> log

You do not need to scan anything, just start and close iscan.
If the log files get too big you may want to compress them and send them
off list.

Thanks.

--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp