[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New release of Image Scan! for Linux (2.18.0)

Wolfram Heider wolframheider at web.de
Wed Mar 18 13:51:28 UTC 2009

Hello Alesh,

thanks for your repfy.

I have installed the latest iscan version and the network-nt plugin (taken
 from the GT-20000 driver download page) in compliance with the
instructions of Olaf made in his release email to this list (on the 64 bit
machines of course with the 64 bit versions).
On this occasion a minor thing, I noted that the 64 bit
iscan-network-nt.rpm doesn't install properly (at least on Opensuse 11.1)
- there has a link to be set manually from /usr/lib/iscan/network to
/usr/lib64/iscan/.

The log files say there is no network scanner recognized. On one machine a
"SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX iscan 2> log" only produced an empty file (haven't
found the reason for it till now).

And in the epkowa.desc coming with iscan 2.18.0 there is a line with the
GT-2500 saying: "network interface not supported<br>overseas version of
the ES-H300" - Maybe the GT-2500 really isn't supported.

Anyway - flatbed scanning works fine via network. And on the machine the
GT-2500 is connected to directly it works fully featured ADF simplex and
duplex. So it's not a dramatic fault.

Greetings
Wolfram Heider