[sane-devel] Mac OS X: sane pixma (not) scanning via network

Peter Schoenrank peter at schoenrank.ca
Tue Mar 31 18:08:23 UTC 2009

> Could you please
> replace the pixma_bjnp.c in the backend directory with the attached
> one,
> recompile  and try again over the network?

Note: since my last posting, I have installed the ScanGear software. I
did, after all, buy this MX850 because I need to scan and print. If
this is a problem, let me know and I can remove the Canon software
temporarily for testing.

I saved the attached pixma_bjnp.c to
~/Desktop/scanning_from_the_command_line/sane-scm-2009-03-27/sane-
backends/backend/pixma_bjnp.c

then

$ cd ~/Desktop/scanning_from_the_command_line/sane-scm-2009-03-27/sane-
backends/
$ sudo make uninstall
$ make distclean
$ export BACKENDS="canon pixma"
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

Disconnected MX850 from USB; connected to Ethernet; confirmed self-
assigned IP.

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=20
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ scanimage -T &> scanimage-T.log

That was so successful, that I tried

$ scanimage --format=tiff > image.tiff 2> scanimage.log

and ended up with an actual scan in image.tiff.

The logs are in
http://members.shaw.ca/schoenrank.ca/2009-03-27_sane_testing.6/

Many thanks to you, Louis.

Peter