[sane-devel] SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE removed in 1.0.20

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:41:10 UTC 2009

I wrote the Perl bindings for Sane based on 1.0.19, on the basis that
until the API changed, they would build properly, even if new symbols
weren't supported until I added the support.

However, on a rebuild of sid, which has 1.0.20, libsane-perl FTBFS, as
SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE has been removed
(http://git.debian.org/?p=sane/sane-backends.git;a=commit;h=e91fea4ac1ced39c911db91489c7069784bea037)

So -

a. doesn't removing SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE change the API?
b. are there any backends in 1.0.19 that use SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE?

Regards

Jeff